25.6.11

Little snippets for women I love

I like the small writings of Brian Andreas. He verges on childish but is eclectic and fantastical enough to keep le fromage at bay.

I was reading some of his writings this morning and found some bits that reminded me of women I know and love. Some timely, and some classic.

For Susan: In those days, we finally chose to walk like giants & hold the world in arms grown strong with love & there may be many things we forget in the days to come, but this will not be one of them.

For Claire: Deciding everything is falling into place perfectly as long as you don't get too picky about what you mean by place. Or perfectly.

For Sara: I sometimes wake in the early morning & listen to the soft breathing of my children & I think to myself, this is one thing I will never regret & I carry that quiet with me all day long.

For Taryn: If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you.

For Nicole: Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life.

For Faye: You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time.

For me: In my dream, the angel shrugged & said, If we fail this time, it will be a failure of imagination & then she placed the world gently in the palm of my hand.

I would like for us all to jump on that trampoline with cocktails in sippy cups.


1 comment:

Moi said...

I love to read what you would pick for me from Brian Andreas small writings.

Wanted to share with you from Kahlil Gibran:

What difference does it make, whether you live in a big city or in a community of homes? The real life is within.

May 27, 1923