WHP GIVEAWAY: two of twelve (clouds!)
If you like this print and would like it to be yours ... it can be.
Last month was a huge success ....
This month: a different print, a different day. A different set of ideas and creativity and personalities (welcome!).
What remains the same is the fact that I'm determined to brighten your room, and I have eleven more chances to do so.
*The contest will be open for five days: 7AM May 25th until 12PM May 29th.
* The winner will receive the featured 8 x 8 inch print from a joyous me.
* The print is giclee printed on textured canvas
* It will come with a faux-Polaroid white border. Decadent.
* I will choose the winner by judgement and discretion and by playing favourites. Or, by the number my dog's paw lands on.
How to enter:
* In the comments section, submit one sentence to finish the short short story excerpt below. (To read the full up-to-date version of the story, click here!)
* Check back the morning of June 1st for the announcement of the winner.
* I hope it's you.
* There. That's easy.
"Her fingers shake and she stares at them while they turn the dial to close the element. The gas pops closed. The flame extinguishes, the kettle is silent. She pushes the kettle hard against the back of the stove so the cats on the counter have less a chance to knock it with whisker and tail. The cats adore the flame; it attracts and repels them. Frequently a whisker ignites or an eyebrow lash disappears. They stand there, blinking, then shake their small heads and walk to the other side of the counter to look offended from afar. ____________________________."
So: scribble, please erase little, and submit to me ....
[Edit: Comments are now closed. Thank you to all who participated! Please check back the morning of June 1st for the announcement of the winner ... and to read the continuation of the story for next month.]